ACA Ethics Pledge
To My Clients, I Promise…
- I will accurately represent my skills and only offer those services in which I am professionally competent to deliver.
- I will accurately represent what my practice is capable of in all marketing, advertising and promotional materials.
- I will inform you of any conditions that arise that could limit my effectiveness.
- I will place your best interests first and foremost, making reasonably certain that I have the necessary skills and resources to provide the support needed before entering into a collaborative partnership with you.
- I will clearly communicate the terms and conditions of our relationship, identifying the responsibilities of all parties, and documenting these provisions in a signed agreement.
- I will honor my contracts, agreements and commitments.
- I will do what I say I will and only make commitments that are within my power and abilities to deliver.
- I take pride in the craft and quality of my work. I will accept responsibility for the work I do, admit mistakes and do my part to rectify any problems that arise.
- I will maintain the highest level of professionalism, and refrain from misrepresenting any authority entrusted to me.
- I will safeguard and protect any private and confidential information you entrust to me.
- I will not release any of your information to any party whatsoever unless you give me explicit instruction or consent to do so.
- I will ensure that electronic and hardcopy record disposal is handled in a confidential and secure manner.
- I will do my utmost to protect your interests and reputation by conducting myself as a professional ambassador and representative of your business during the course of our work together.
To My Colleagues, I Promise…
- I will be honest and accurate about my credentials, and not exaggerate, embellish or fabricate my professional history or competencies.
- I will not intentionally partake in any activity, especially libel or slander, that could damage the professional reputation of a colleague.
- I will make every effort to exercise due diligence in naming my business to ensure I am not infringing upon the legal trade name and trademark rights of another colleague’s established, pre-existing business. If such infringement occurs, I will immediately take steps to remedy the situation upon notification.
- I will not engage in copyright infringement or theft of any colleague’s intellectual property.
- I will not engage in unfair trade practices.
- I will not solicit or unlawfully take clients from another colleague and will faithfully observe the legal and binding agreements I make in any subcontracting situation.
- I will not take credit for the work and ideas of others. I will be sure to always give credit to those I have learned from and who have generously shared their knowledge with me.
- I will be accepting of others’ opinions, values and beliefs and acknowledge they are as valid as my own.
- I will not use any confidential information gained through my professional association with colleagues for personal benefit of any sort.
To the Administrative Consultant Profession, I Promise…
- I will exercise and uphold the highest ideals of integrity, competence and professionalism in business.
- I will utilize my knowledge and abilities to strengthen public awareness and understanding of the profession.
- I will not engage in any activity or practice that would bring the profession into disrepute.
- I will not take on any work I deem to be illegal, immoral or unethical.
- I will diligently exercise truth, honesty and integrity in all areas relating to my business and professional responsibilities.
- I will not engage in nor condone any illegal or unethical practices in the industry.
- I will maintain professional competence, and continue to expand my professional knowledge and technical skills.
- I will maintain accurate and sufficient business records.
- I will know and respect existing laws pertaining to professional work and business, and always strive to keep abreast of such things as it is my duty as a responsible businessperson.
To Myself, I Promise…
- I will do everything in my power to honor my value and worth as a human being and skilled, competent professional and expert in the art and craft of administrative support.
- I will only do work that I enjoy so that I never “work” another day in my life.
- I will always do my best, as doing my best not only benefits clients and reflects well on the profession, it gives me confidence, satisfaction and self-worth.
- I will work only with my ideal clients. When I work with those who value and appreciate my skills and expertise and the service I provide, the positivity our relationship creates for one another also makes the world a better place.
- I will strive to do good as I do well.